What exactly is a “Wellness” Spa in Chattanooga?
We are proud of our reputation as the leading Chattanooga wellness spa, but what exactly do we mean when we talk about being a wellness spa? Wellness means different things to different people – and sometimes it seems like it is being interpreted differently by every single day spa in Chattanooga!
You can find wellness defined in a number of different ways:
- According to the dictionary, it is “the state of being in good health, especially as an actively pursued goal.”
- “Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life. Wellness is more than being free from illness, it is a dynamic process of change and growth.” Student Health and Counseling Services at UC Davis
- “…a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
– The World Health Organization
- “a conscious, self-directed and evolving process of achieving full potential.”
– The National Wellness Institute
The one thing all of these definitions have in common is the idea that there is something intentional about wellness. In other words, wellness is something you seek, something you strive to achieve, wellness is a goal.
Our Definition of Wellness
The Ama Wellness Spa in Chattanooga is dedicated to helping you achieve your personal wellness goals. Our approach is rooted in the timeless rituals of the Cherokee Indians, who believed that submerging themselves in the river could wash away their spiritual as well as their physical challenges.
Ama is the Cherokee name for water. According to the rich beliefs and practices of their culture, water is sacred. The spirit of water represents strength, vitality and wisdom. It gives life – quenching not only our thirst, but the thirst of the blessed Earth, the thirst of the growing plants that provide nourishment and those that have healing properties.
Wellness Treatments at Our Spa in Chattanooga
You can enjoy a number of unique wellness treatments at Ama Spa, including:
The Ama Purification Ceremony
Our signature treatment clears your body, mind and spirit of impurities. Beginning with a sage smudging ritual to clarify the space, your wellness experience includes a dry-brush exfoliation, weighted blanket wrap to calm nervous energy and a full-body river rock massage to enhance relaxation and flow within the body.
Lightning Whelk Renewal
The spiral shape of this unique shell represents the circle of life and has been associated with purification and renewal. Your body’s natural healing abilities will be stimulated with an immune-boosting dry brush exfoliation and nutrient-rich body mask to soften skin and restore radiance. Then you will be cocooned in a warm wrap enhanced by the Lightning Whelk while you enjoy a soothing face, neck and shoulder massage, leaving you invigorated and uplifted.
We invite you to further your wellness journey with some of the most innovative spa therapies in Chattanooga. We are located in The Edwin Hotel, on the lobby level. To begin your journey, you can book online or call (423) 269-8530.